Friday, August 21, 2009

Anti Virus Projection?

I have McAfee Virus Project with Qwest Hi Speed and also SpySweeper with MSN. I thought I was projected, always came up o.k. also have Reg Cleaner. I was told to try Adware because I thought I had a virus so I downloaded it (19.00) and it came up that I had 1800 bugs. How could that be. I removed them, but "my problem was still there" so I'm thinking it's not a virus after all.



So, my question is do you think McAfee and SpySweeper will be enough. Oh, I also have CCleaner but rarely use it. I canI also sweep my computer with SpySweeper on Yahoo.



What should I use to keep my computer clean.



Anti Virus Projection?internet



If your problem is with explorer, I just answered one of the questions that you asked yesterday suggesting that you create a new shortcut for Internet Explorer as it would appear to me that you are selecting Windows Explorer instead.



Hopefully the product you downloaded and paid for was Lavasoft's Adaware. There are a lot of rogue products out there that are really money grabs and some actually install malware rather than fixing problems. If it is, it should be enough along with your Spysweeper and McAfee but because all of these programs are resource intensive, you may experience slowdowns so you may want to turn off either Adaware or SpySweeper and run them manually from time to time.



Anti Virus Projection?network



I just bought zone alarm internet security, $49.99 you can install it on 3 different computers. It has everything anti-virus,spyware remover and detector, firewall, email protection and others. Did you buy the software you have on your computer? Sometimes the free anti-software don't do the job. Im very happy with the zone alarm.
You could use AVG for you anti virus and also AVG has a great spyware program and they are both free. you already have ad-aware. If you use these three and keep them updated and watch what you do on the Internet you should be fine.Hopes this helps

No comments:

Post a Comment