Sunday, August 23, 2009

Repair or Restore my Dell Laptop? Info.?

I have a Dell laptop that I got in December. It seems that there is always something happening. I don't have a lot of programs I have added and I have burned all the pics and doc folders I need.



Is there a big difference between using the system restore disc to repair or restore? Has anyone out there done a restore and it fixed internet problems? When I use Mozilla it works fine but int IE. I have to use IE for a college class,no choice but always problems and freezing every time I use it. I have tried removing %26 reinstalling, many types of spyware/virus/adware programs.. nothing helps. Could there just be a corrupt file? I also can not download/upload anything now. The problem started from beginning which is why I removed IE.



Repair or Restore my Dell Laptop? Info.?matchless



Back up all your data, and do a full reformat and a clean reinstall of Windows.



You probably have hosed your Internet Explorer from the removal of all that malware that you have had.



If you are using Limewire or another file-stealing program, discontinue use and you will have far fewer problems looking forward.



Many downloads using P2P file-sharing programs are loaded with malware. You will be downloading "stuff" from unknown stranger's computers while they will be uploading from your computer at the same time. You do not download from any website



Repair or Restore my Dell Laptop? Info.?norton 2008



The restore discs are fairly simple, pop it in your drive, restart your laptop %26 away it goes! Make sure you've got a backup of all your files, because it will re-install windows effectively, taking it back to how it was when you bought it.



Up to you whether you fancy restoring or taking some other steps first. (Do you know anyone who might take a look at it for you first?) A Techie perhaps?
I would suggest a 'Repair Install' to replace any parts thats damaged or missing....
Dell is know for falling apart get a emachines they last a lot longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment