Sunday, August 23, 2009

Internet Explorer troubles?

I had an adware toolbar install on me, and after all the broohaha to get it out of my computer, I think I accidently screwed up my browser. I use version 6. I have always had the option of squishing all the toolbars to the top and then spreading them back out, moving them, and it would lock and unlock to do this or not. NOW there is no unlock option at all when I right click, and it is locked in a configuration that doesn't have all the browser buttons I want, nor does it move, and there is a blank toolbar across the top that doesn't seem to have anything on it at all but it is fixed there. None of the toolbars will slide to see what is behind them. My Google toolbar is totally gone. The pull down menus are greyed out and no lock/unlock feature, all I can do is customize some of the buttons and that doesn't stick from use to use, from closing and then opening a new IE window...so...when I click on the IE shortcut, I get the same old useless header for the IE window that I just fixed.



Internet Explorer troubles?internet security



Go to this website for Trouble shooting IE6



http://www.5starsupport.com/faq/ie.htm



Internet Explorer troubles?network security



Use mozilla, mozilla firefox, or opera.



Internet explorer stinks.
If you are using XP pro...try rolling back to the origianl settings from Windows help %26 support-%26gt; system restore-%26gt; then just restore it.



If that doesn't work...use registry editors to kill the program what is causing the pain!
On my dad's mac he uses Safari and it works pretty well if you wanna switch to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment