Sunday, August 23, 2009

Yahoo/Google Search Site Infection?

Yahoo and now Google websites are both acting wierd lately for me.



Specifically, lets say I search for a dog breed. I type in "Boxer Dog" to distiguish from the sport of boxing. The Site then thinks about it for a moment and brings up the first ten or twenty hits of many I could select from with additional pages of hits to select from at the bottom.



That is all normal. But THEN --



I click on a link I think I want, say to the american kennel club.(so that we know it infact exists...) It doesn't take me to the website address that was listed in the information from the search. So I back up to the search and try to pick it again. Again it sends me to some other randem site.(maybe not the same as the first.) Only on the third attempt does it connect me with the correct site.



Virus/adware scans with Mcafee have turned up nothing.



Are yahoo and google infected? Is anyone else having this scenario?



Yahoo/Google Search Site Infection?antispam



It's either a virus or spyware on your computer thats not being detected. I think you should run Spybot and see if it picks anything up.



Yahoo/Google Search Site Infection?avast



try using mcafee siteadvisor plugin for internet explorer



http://www.siteadvisor.com/download/ie.h...

No comments:

Post a Comment