Wednesday, August 19, 2009

If i install "bearshare" (p2p) again, will my computer get slow and spyware'd again?

i used to have bearshare on my computer, after a while my computer started getting lots of spyware and adware, i never blamed bearshare for this, then i had to format my computer, and when i was this close to installing bearshare again, i thought, what if that's the thing that started the whole mess the last time?



so i dunno, has anybody else who has it had any spyware attacks or something?



If i install "bearshare" (p2p) again, will my computer get slow and spyware'd again?firewall



Its not necessary that Bearshare is the only app in ur computer that is causing all the spyware stuff. The biggest culprit generally is Internet Explorer. AS long as you use IE for browsing you will be prone to spyware infection.



Talking about P2P softwares, most P2P apps like Bearshare etc do install a couple of extra programs which may cause ur comp to slow down. The only safe commercial p2p app which I know of and which I use is Limewire (limewire.com) Its better and faster than Beareshare and does not install any spyware. I would recommend u try that.



If i install "bearshare" (p2p) again, will my computer get slow and spyware'd again?husqvarna



It probably wasn't the installation of bearshare that caused the problem, it's running hacked-up stuff that you download with bearshare that causes the problems.
Yes. Most P2P programs will have that. I never got why people never used Soulseek, anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment