Sunday, August 23, 2009

My computer hangs at startup every week or two later.?

After,repeat,AFTER the windows logo,when the desktop appears and just as the music starts,my computer hangs(am using xp).It happens once in two or three weeks.Then no matter how many times I turn off and on,it just keeps happening.Only if I leave it off for a day,then it becomes ok again.



PS. I have already tried the following and they haven't worked,so please don't repeat these answers.....(1)I don't have extra stuff in my computer.(2)I have formatted my drive and installed a fresh windows(xp) (3)I regularly run anti virus,anti spyware and adware removers.(4)I don't have programs running at startup....I have disabled them from msconfig.(5)Every month or three weeks,I defragment my drives.(6)It is NOT a case of the processor over heating....I have air conditioning in my room.



Thanks for reading...and many more thanks if u answer!



My computer hangs at startup every week or two later.?anti virus



Do you have a virus soft running ever so often? Mine runs twice a week when I first signon. You can't see it unless it finds a virus. Usually take a few minutes then my computer is ready for me to run jobs.



My computer hangs at startup every week or two later.?auto protect



If your computer hangs or reboots while you are working on it , it could be a problem with device drivers, hardware or software. This problem can be solved by uninstalling new softwares, updating device drivers and making minor configuration changes. Detailed instructions at http://tinyurl.com/yk5zpr
You've done everything I can think of. If you run the spyware and antivirus programs, they might be contributing to the problem. Do you have enough memory to support all of today's programs? Is your computer an HP? They are known for having problems. Good luck. If your computer is new and still under warranty, call tech support and see what they recommend.
your hardware may be faulty, your hard disk.
I'm with the guy that answered first, looks a hardware problem, after the pc cools down it works again. Eventhough you have air conditioning.... check all the computer fans, specially the one over the microprocesor. If your motherboard has a fan over any chipset, check that too.
Have you installed any new programs? They can sometimes cause computer glitches. Also, you may have disabled a vital component in msconfig. Go back in and set everything to normal and see if that helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment