Sunday, August 23, 2009

Why is my internet slow?

It used to be fast but now it is quite slow. I have tried deleting programmes and have been running things like adware and spyware. Any ideas?



Why is my internet slow?



Performing disc cleanup is an excellent method of system performance.



Every two weeks I run disc clean up. Then I run AdAware and Spyboy: Search and Destory to kill off any spyware or adware that may have infected my computer which I see you have done.



You may want to try running a program called Super Anti Spyware. Unlike AdAware and Spyboy which only run when you tell them to Super Anti Spyware is always running protecting you from potential threats. Having 3 programs of overlap should help to eliminate spyware as the reason.



Finally, once everything has been scanned I use disc defragmenter even if it tells me that my computer doesn't need it. These steps keep my computer running like the day I bought it.



If these steps still don't help you might want to delete some extra programs that you no longer use, make sure the programs running in the lower right you are actually using. If you aren't using them you should right click the icon and exit them to free up some memory.



My last suggestion would be to possible purchase some more memory for your computer from www.newegg.com or eBay. More memory will help your computer run a little faster.



Hope this helps,



Glen



Why is my internet slow?antivirus downloads

No comments:

Post a Comment