Friday, August 21, 2009

Computer keeps crashing?

It seems after about 3 or 4 hours of working on my computer it crashes. I have up about 4 or 5 different programs like, Lotus Notes, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Microsoft Word, and msn messenger. I also use IE7 and Firefox for my internet. After a while my comp locks up and when I click on one of the programs it won鈥檛 open and I can鈥檛 open up my task manager. It won鈥檛 let me do anything, I have to do a alt + shift + tab to get to my programs so I can close them down. Then I run adware and delete the privacy objects, nothing more than tracking files and cookies, then I restart and my comp is fine for another couple of hours. Is it an overload or do I have some viruses?



Computer keeps crashing?free spyware remobal



How much ram do your have? All the programs you're using use a good amount of memory, and if you are using way more memory than you have available, your computer will start to thrash (basically chase its tail and get nothing done)



Also, if it's fine at first but gets worse the longer you have the applications open, then I would guess one of the programs you are using has a bug called a memory leak. This means that something isn't freeing up memory when it's done with it, and just keeps using more and more memory until you have no more left to give. If you open up task manager, you can keep track of how much memory everything is using and see if any application is sucking up more and more memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment